Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stephanie and Sherman Falls

It was another beautiful week in Hamilton this week...though some cooler evening breezes hint that summer is indeed winding to an end.  With the days getting noticeably shorter too, I'm trying to take every opportunity I can to get out after work while there's enough light for some photography.

This week it was off to Stephanie and Sherman Falls in Ancaster (just west of Hamilton).  I'd never been to the Tiffany Creek-fed Stephanie Falls before and was thoroughly impressed by its beauty.
The majestic trees of the surrounding Carolinian Forest make for some pretty stunning scenery too:
Sherman Falls is fairly close by.  It's a much larger waterfall (17 metres compared to 9 metres) and is fed by Ancaster Creek:
I've said it before...but man oh man, I love this city!

1 comment:

white collar | green soul said...

City of a Hundred Waterfalls!

These look beautiful. I have to admit though... the falls is my favourite time. There really is not an ounce of me that is going to miss the humidity and heat of this summer!

Evening breezes and chilly nights - bring it!

- agata.